SECURITY ANALYST – TIER 2
ElevatedPrompt is seeking a Security Analyst – Tier 2 to join our Active Threat Hunting team. At ElevatedPrompt, we believe security is best built on an informed and diverse perspective – women, men, and anyone preferring alternate gender pronouns are encouraged to apply. We hire for fit and skill, in that order. Missing a must-have, but feel like you have the chops? Send us your CV and tell us why you want to track down threats and help educate global business on cybersecurity.
ElevatedPrompt is a Canadian cybersecurity solutions provider, delivering fully managed services and custom network security assessments for industrial, corporate, and government clientele. We provide cybersecurity threat protection and business-oriented insight and reporting, enabling businesses to stay protected and proactively address identified gaps. Our goal is to provide straightforward, company-wide cybersecurity protection, and help businesses gain contextual and industry-specific understanding of cybersecurity, risk, and a clear path to improved security.
The Tier 2 Security Analyst role is responsible for in-depth investigation of escalated tickets, incident handling and threat detection, and actively hunting for threats across all our clients. Threat hunting, investigation, scenario analysis, and evidence collection will form the bulk of this role, along with regular security and technique training to improve your threat hunting skills. Internal capture-the-flag games, per-employee training budgets, and security conference attendance, are all part of the role of a Security Analyst at ElevatedPrompt.
Title Security Analyst -Tier 2
Start Date Immediate
- Actively seek out specific threat types and indicators of compromise across a variety of clients, determined through a daily election
- Actively hunt for threats and assess severity, criticality and priority using a variety of proprietary and open source tools
- In-depth investigation of escalated security incidents
- Evidence collection and documentation through ticket-based event descriptions, screenshots, and event correlation.
- Develop a deep understanding of client environments, including network segments, common equipment, and security posture
- Prepare high-quality Actionable Notifications for clients, detailing events, risk, and strategic and tactical mitigation strategies.
Bachelor’s degree or diploma in Computer Science, Information Security, or Computer Engineering
3 + Years of experience working as a Security / SOC Analyst
Working knowledge of Windows & Linux systems
In-depth understanding of TCP/IP Stack, OSI model, and standard protocols (DNS, HTTP, TLS, SMTP)
Functional understanding of the Mitre ATT&CK Framework, Cyber Kill Chain, and lateral movement
Strong analytical and investigative skills
Industry certifications (CCNA, SANS, CompTIA Security+, GSEC, GISF)
Experience in NERC or ISO-governed environments
Proficiency in scripting languages (Python, bash, perl, Powershell, batch, etc.)
Familiar with using data visualization tools (e.g. Maltego, gephi)
- Centrally located in downtown Vancouver, easily accessible via transit
- Annual per-employee training budgets, and skills development
- RRSP Matching
- Extended medical and dental benefits
- Flexible hours
- Work from home schedules
Interested in this opportunity? Join us and make a difference. Email us at careers at elevatedprompt dot com.